About Uttakleiv Beach
Did you know that the most romantic beach in Lofoten is Uttakleiv? I agree with that. It’s an amazingly beautiful place. One of my favorite beaches in the Lofoten Islands. Unique atmosphere, green grass cared for by sheep. Huge boulders in the sea and waves. Beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Any time of year Uttakleiv stunning.
It is especially beautiful here at sunset in winter and dawn in summer. It is the best place to watch the Northern Lights.
Lofoten is an inexhaustible source of inspiration for artists and photographers around the world. I wrote this manual to share my Lofoten travel experience with you. I’d be very glad if this book helps and inspires you to create new amazing photos.
I don’t like the change that’s going on in Uttakleiv. Paid parking, toilets, camping, dining tables and all kinds of concrete sculptures (“heart”, for example). I liked Uttakleiv beach in its original form. Now the beach has lost its natural look. But time does not stop and everything around us changes.
Quick Planing Lofoten Islands Travel Guide
- Find the best flights to Lofoten
- Travel insurance. This is very important especially if your activity involves hiking, biking, kayaking, and hiking in the mountains. I recommend the insurance company Word Nomads
- To rent a car get great deals on Rentalcars
- Lofoten Accommodation: Elisassen Rorbuer in Hamnøy, Reinefjorden Sjøhus in Reine, Anker Brygge located on an island just off Svolvær Harbor, Scandic Leknes Lofoten the best in Leknes, Nusfjord Arctic Resort in Nusfjord
- If you’d like Activities:
- Read Lofoten Islands Travel Guide
- Look into my camera bag
After Haukland Beach, follow the tunnel to the crossroads, turn left and follow the gravel road. You can easily see the parking lot near Uttakleiv Beach.
You can also walk from Haukland Beach along the beach. The inhabitants of the fishing village used this road before the tunnel was built.
Earlier, the fishing village of Uttakleiv was isolated from the outside world. Haukland could only be reached by sea or through a pass. But in winter it was difficult for children to get through the pass and deliver goods to the residents. They built a road along the coast. Make sure you read the history of the village. There is an information stand next to the parking lot.
- Why not join this Searching for the Northern Lights
- See this Lofoten Archipelago 5-Hour Panoramic Tour
2019 Update information about Uttakleiv parking and camping.
You can put a tent on the grass near a beach. There is WC now and not drinking water.
Parking costs 30 NOK per 3 hours.
Camper 200 NOK per day.
Chemical toilet disposal point 150 NOK.
Camping costs 160 NOK per tent.
Tent+car 200 NOK per night.
WHAT TO DO HERE
- You can just relax here and enjoy nature.
- This beach is very popular with photographers. Here you can find a huge variety of iconic scenes for photo shooting.
- Search for the famous ‘Uttakliev eye’ in the rocky area of the beach.
- You can walk from Uttakleiv Beach to Haukland Beach and back. It is an easy walk about 4 km one-way distance along the shore.
- Hiking from Uttakleiv beach to Mannen Mountain. Easy/Some little bit moderate hiking 400m up and 2.7 km distance to the top and back.
LOFOTEN ISLANDS TRAVEL MAP
There is an interactive Google map of the Lofoten Islands. This will help you plan your trip. Save this Google map on your smartphone or tablet and use it during the trip.
This is an exclusive map of Lofoten Islands that I created especially for you. Save it in your Google maps!
MOST SCENIC PLACES