About Horseid Beach
If you have an extra day, make sure you visit Horseid Beach. In my rating, this beach is one of the 5 best beaches in the Lofoten Islands.
Like Bunes beach, Horseid is a sandy beach, covered on both sides by high mountain slopes. If you stand by the water, you can admire the view of the sandy beach and the beautiful mountain gorge in the background.
Quick Planing Lofoten Islands Travel Guide
- Find the best flights to Lofoten
- Travel insurance. This is very important especially if your activity involves hiking, biking, kayaking, and hiking in the mountains. I recommend the insurance company Word Nomads
- To rent a car get great deals on Rentalcars
- Lofoten Accommodation: Elisassen Rorbuer in Hamnøy, Reinefjorden Sjøhus in Reine, Anker Brygge located on an island just off Svolvær Harbor, Scandic Leknes Lofoten the best in Leknes, Nusfjord Arctic Resort in Nusfjord
- If you’d like Activities:
- Read Lofoten Islands Travel Guide
- Look into my camera bag
Take a ferry to Kjerkfjord.
On arrival go a little to the right of the ferry and look for a path behind the stream. Follow it to the pass. The pass is a little more complicated than on the Bunes beach but it’s also easy. Passing by the lakes you will find yourself at the descent to the beach.
Lofoten is an inexhaustible source of inspiration for artists and photographers around the world. I wrote this manual to share my Lofoten travel experience with you. I’d be very glad if this book helps and inspires you to create new amazing photos.
Where to stay
Walk on the right side of Horseid beach and camp on a small hill at the beginning of the beach closer to the water. If you are afraid of such proximity to the open sea then you can camp at the beginning of the beach closer to the pass.
For your camp you can choose a place both at the beginning of the beach and on a hill covered with grass.
LOFOTEN ISLANDS TRAVEL MAP
There is an interactive Google map of the Lofoten Islands. This will help you plan your trip. Save this Google map on your smartphone or tablet and use it during the trip.
This is an exclusive map of Lofoten Islands that I created especially for you. Save it in your Google maps!
MOST SCENIC PLACES