Holandsmelen is a very fascinating peak with a view to Haukland and Vik beaches and around the Lofoten islands. This is an easy hike to beautiful views.
Round trip: 4,2 km (round trip)
To top: 430 meters
Hike duration: 2 hours to top
Season: Summer, Autumn
Start your hike Holandsmelen from parking 68.176591, 13.524033.
Lofoten is an inexhaustible source of inspiration for artists and photographers around the world. I wrote this manual to share my Lofoten travel experience with you. I’d be very glad if this book helps and inspires you to create new amazing photos.
Hike on the tractor road and then into the forest. This is where the road ends and the hiking begins. Follow the path up through the forest. After you pass through the forest you will see the path then winds upward. It’s a little long way but very easy.
- Why not join this Searching for the Northern Lights
- See this Lofoten Archipelago 5-Hour Panoramic Tour
Quick Planing Lofoten Islands Travel Guide
- Find the best flights to Lofoten
- Travel insurance. This is very important especially if your activity involves hiking, biking, kayaking, and hiking in the mountains. I recommend the insurance company Word Nomads
- To rent a car get great deals on Rentalcars
- Lofoten Accommodation: Elisassen Rorbuer in Hamnøy, Reinefjorden Sjøhus in Reine, Anker Brygge located on an island just off Svolvær Harbor, Scandic Leknes Lofoten the best in Leknes, Nusfjord Arctic Resort in Nusfjord
- If you’d like Activities:
- Read Lofoten Islands Travel Guide
- Look into my camera bag
Where to stay
You will find many places for wild camping on the plateau after the forest. There is water here.
But I see no reason to climb this mountain with a tent. Better leave your stuff downstairs. For example in a camping on the beach Haukland.
LOFOTEN ISLANDS TRAVEL MAP
There is an interactive Google map of the Lofoten Islands. This will help you plan your trip. Save this Google map on your smartphone or tablet and use it during the trip.
This is an exclusive map of Lofoten Islands that I created especially for you. Save it in your Google maps!